Friday, December 24, 2010

Realism Not Racism

I believe I may be the only NSTOnian who openly describes himself as a Realist, and one of my favorite bloggers over at Foreign Policy is Stephen Walt. He may not be as BRO as T. Ricks, but intellectually his arguments are very much in line with my views. Here is a good post from him the other day responding to a post by the neo-con Michael Gerson. I think people often hurry to place all conservatives under the same foreign policy camp, but the difference between these two writers clearly shows this is not the case.

5 comments:

  1. Happy to agree with you, James. The recent dominance of neo-conservative ideologues in conservative foreign policy has often produced pretty poor results. A stronger realist presence would be welcome in our national foreign policy discourse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started to realise that the older I get, the more realist I've started to become. And Stephen Walt's blog is also one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen Walt seems to spend all his time responding to his Zionist critics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are bitter about the book he wrote with Darth Mearsheimer. http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374531501/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1293424153&sr=1-3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha yes. Well, somebody had to write it.

    ReplyDelete